THE 2011 BEACH ROAD BONDI BLUE WATER CHALLENGE
How to Enter
- $30 per swim ($50 for both)
- Late Entry $40 per swim ($70 for both)
Minimum age: 13 years on race day.
Entries NOW being accepted :
View Swim Gear who are supporting the Olympus Tough Fine Ocean Swimmers Series 2011 with View Swim Packs for the Top 10 finishers in the series, and for a random draw of the first 200 entries online for each swim in the series. The swim pack, valued at around $80, includes a deluxe mesh gear bag, a pair of Visio mirrored goggles or Selene goggles, a tube of goggle anti-fog treatment, ear plugs, and a sports towel.
Note: Requires Adobe PDF Reader.
Due to unfavourable weather forecasts (swell predictions) the organisers of this years event have decided to postpone the event to 22nd May 2011.
|ONLINE entries will be accepted until
20 May 2011 – check Oceanswims for precise time .
By clicking on the ‘enter online’ button you are agreeing to the policies, warnings, conditions and rules as set out below.
|BY MAILMailed entries must be received by no later than COB 18 May 2011 to Bondi SBLSC, P.O. Box 7007 Bondi Beach NSW 2026 (please make out cheques to BONDI SBLSC).
By clicking on the ‘Entry Form 2011’ button (downloading the form) you are agreeing to the policies, warnings, conditions and rules as set out below.
|LATE ENTRIESLate entries will be accepted on the day.
Note: Late entries will close at 9:30am for the 1 km swim and at 10:30am for the 2.1 km swim.
To see the list of entrants (online entries to date only) click here.
The Bondi Blue Water Challenge is dependent upon conditions on the day. The organisers reserve the right to decide not to proceed with the swim if conditions are considered dangerous. In this case, there will be no rain date, no re-run of the Bondi Blue Water Challenge, and no refund of entry fees. By swim day, Bondi SBLSC has already committed to significant expenditure in order to prepare for the Bondi Blue Water Challenge. The Club is liable for this expenditure irrespective of whether the swim goes ahead.
Bondi SBLSC is a registered charity and a public benevolent institution.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR ONLINE ENTRY OR SIGNING THE ENTRY FORM
Risk Warning pursuant to Civil Liability Act 2002 (section 5M)
Ocean swims are demanding and potentially dangerous events. Risks include drowning, natural obstacles, man- made or controlled obstacles, collisions with other swimmers and marine attack. The Ocean Swim takes place in the open ocean. Swimmers enter at their own risk. You should have a medical check prior to entry, and prepare for the event by training and testing your capability over the race distance and conditions. Water safety craft will patrol the course for the duration of the Ocean Swim. If a swimmer feels unable to proceed further in the swim, the attention of the water safety personnel should be sought by waving your arm in the air. The Ocean Swim organisers cannot guarantee your safety. The Ocean Swim organisers reserve the right to bring to shore by the water patrol any entrants whom they deem to be incapable of competing further in the event. While in the competition area – including the beach and water environments – entrants must follow all directions of Waverley Lifeguards and Ocean Swim organiser’s officials and water safety personnel.
WAIVER, RELEASE AND INDEMNITY
1. In consideration of acceptance of my entry in the swim (Bondi Blue Water Challenge), I the signatory for myself, my heirs executors and administrators agree that: I hereby waiver, release and discharge all and every claim, right or cause of action for which I might have or arising out of my death, injury, damage or loss of any description whatsoever which I may suffer or sustain as the result of my participation in the event EXCEPT to the extent that such may be proven to have been caused by the wilful act, omission or neglect of any one or more of the parties herein after referred to as the Indemnities.
2. This waiver release and discharge shall operate jointly and severally in favour of the following: Namely: Bondi Surf Bathers’ Life Saving Club, Bondi Blue Water Challenge Organising Committee, Waverley Municipal Council, The Surf Life Saving Association of Australia (and any of its State Centres, Branches affiliated Surf Life Saving Clubs and committees, sponsors, supporters, persons, corporations, contractors subcontractors, servants and employees involved or otherwise engaged in promoting, staging, administering, running or controlling the event) (The Indemnities)
3. I agree to Indemnify and keep indemnified against all actions, suits, demands claims, proceedings, costs, expenses, liabilities and judgements arising out of or in relation to my participation in the event.
4. I consent to receive such medical aid or preventative treatment which may be deemed advisable in the unfettered discretion of Race Medical Offiicals and Lifesavers in the event of any injury, accident or illness to me as the result of my participation in the event.
5. I consent to the free use of my name and/or photograph in any newspaper, promotional advertising material, video or telecast taken by or on behalf of Bondi SBLSC and/or its sponsor.
6. I affirm that I have properly trained for and fully satisfied myself as to my physical and medical condition to compete in the event.
7. I agree to abide by and accept the rules and regulations of the event whether announced on the day or prior thereto and to accept the decisions of the Race Committee.
8. I acknowledge that I have received a risk warning in relation to the recreational activity in that the swim is conducted in open water and while lifesaving services will be present on the beach and in the water, my condition and progress in the race cannot be individually monitored.
9. I acknowledge that the swim is a recreational activity and that, notwithstanding recreational services are supplied to me in the swims, I participated in the swim at my own risk.
Indemnity in respect of persons under 18 years of age
In consideration of the Bondi Blue Water Challenge Organising Committee agreeing at my request to accept the applicant entry I agree for myself, my heirs, Executors and Administrators to indemnify and keep indemnified the aforesaid indemnities against all actions, suits, claims, proceedings, demands, costs, expense, liabilities or judgements which the applicant and I may have against all actions suits, claims proceedings, demands, costs, expense, liabilities or judgements which the applicant and I may have against the Indemnities but for these presents in respect of the applicants participation in the event. I affirm that I have full authority on behalf of both parents and/or guardian to sign this indemnity. AND that indemnity may be pleaded as bar to any action claim, demand suits or legal proceedings.
1. All swimmers must swim the prescribed course and ensure that their name is marked off the official entrants register at the conclusion of the Bondi Challenge even if they do not complete the course.
2. Swimmers must swim in the category for which they are eligible.
3. All swimmers must wear their prescribed cap, race number and timing device.
4. A swimmer may not use extraneous aids eg. Hi-Tech swimsuits, flippers, snorkels or flotation clothing devices.
5. All swimmers must wear conventional swimsuits made of lycra and/or nylon and/or polyester. Costumes must contain no neoprene or any other ‘high tech’ substance or any material that provides flotation support.
6. All swimmers are to behave in a fair and sportsmanlike manner without interference or aggression towards other competitors and any breach of this rule may result in disqualification from the Bondi Challenge.
7. If in the opinion of an event medical officer or a water safety official a competitor is physically or otherwise incapable of starting or completing the Bondi Challenge or has been in the water for an inordinate time such competitor may be disqualified from starting or be removed from the water at any time.
8. If in the opinion of the Club the weather or swimming conditions are dangerous or unsuitable the Bondi Challenge may be cancelled without notice.
9. Prize winners must be present to receive their prizes.